October 4, 2011

Chocolate cake - egg free

(This photo is taken from google because I didn't take one of the one I made, but it was very similar to this one)

This is a nice recipe if you do not want to use eggs, it produces a very nice fluffy chocolaty cake. I was a bit suspicious of it at first, but I tried it for New Years a few years ago and it was a success! And it requires very basic ingredients which you very likely have hiding in the cupboard! ;)

Ingredients:
250g flour
170g white sugar
220g water (roughly 0.22 litres)
4/5 spoonfulls of cocoa powder
80g virgin oil or sunflower
8g of baking powder
vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/2 a table spoon of baking soda
1 table spoon of vinegar

Mix together the sugar, water, cocoa powder, vinegar, pinch of salt and baking soda. Add the flour and baking powder and at last a few drops of vanilla extract. Once you have a smooth mixture, butter a cake tin and flick some flour on it so the cake won't stick, and pour the mixture in it. Bake at 180°. To check if cooked use a knife to test whether the texture in the middle is still sticky or not. When it's not the cake is ready : ) Enjoy with some icing sugar on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! If you have followed me let me know and leave your link so I can follow back :)
Ciao!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...