October 3, 2011

Sitara*2012


What is Sitara*?

Well, Sitara is a student run fusion fashion show at the University of St Andrews by the Asian Society. You'll be wondering what I have to do with Asia... well nothing really, simply a fascination with all its diversity and culture. Sitara started of as Diya in 2008 (I think...), I participated in 2010 as model and really had the time of my life. The following year the name was changed to Sitara* because of some copyright issues. Sitara meaning "bright star" in Hindi.
The show is a charity fashion show, all we gather from the event is sent to the Ashraya Initiative for children in Pune, India. You can visit their website to learn more http://www.ashrayainitiative.org/doku.php
The show is very unique in its kind as we provide not only fusion between eastern and western culture in terms of fashion, but the show incorporates a story line as well, involving actors and performers, all very talented university students. The show will capture you from the beginning with its music, energy and cultural diversity.


This year I am the creative director, a role which I'm very looking forward to fulfill. I'm passionate about fashion and culture and being able to use my personal creativity for the show ( such as photoshoots, what clothes model will wear, deciding upon hair and make up) is absolutely fantastic!


Currently we are still in the process of deciding what the story line this year will be. I have already a few photoshoots in mind, but I have to wait to find my models before I can do anything. Auditions will be held on the 17th of October. Check this page for further updates!




If you have any questions about what we do, just drop me a message, I'll be very happy to answer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! If you have followed me let me know and leave your link so I can follow back :)
Ciao!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...