October 4, 2011
Tagliatelle ai funghi porcini
500g of Tagliatelle pasta
A sachet of dry porcini mushroom
Fresh mushroom (I'd say about 3/4, depending on the size and how many mushrooms you want!)
*optional* fresh double cream, white wine
1. Pour the dry mushrooms, half a sachet, in a pan of water and bring to the boil. About 15/20mins, check the texture of the mushrooms, they shouldn't be hard.
2. Boil in a separate pan water to cook the pasta.
3. Fry a little bit of garlic in a frying pan. There are two options. Cut the garlic very fine and leave it there or simply cut it in spikes, fry 1/2 spikes until brownish colour then throw it away.
4. Cut the fresh mushrooms, wash them under cold running water and add them to the oil. Add the porcini as well. To improve the flavour, add some of the water in which you boiled the porcini to the frying pan and mix.
5. To further enhance the flavour add a few drops of white wine and let it evaporate.
5.b) If you fancy, you can now add the double cream to the mushrooms. Stir well and let it heat up, let it bubble and take away from hob.
6. Once the mushrooms have all turned a brownish colour and appear to have a soft texture add the pasta and mix.
7. Serve warm and enjoy :)