November 4, 2011

Nutella and Dulce de Leche Cake - student budget ;)


So today I had a presentation for my Scenario Thinking class which went really well, and to reward myself I decided to make a Nutella and Dulce de Leche cake... which turned out to be delicious even though it was "experimental"! And it's without eggs! I always like to play around with recipes, so I'll pick one as base but then I'll just use my "own eyes" to judge what I'm doing, rather than following it rigorously. So the result was a sticky, chocolaty, warm piece of heaven ;) The pictures were taken with my iPad, I'm hoping to invest in  Nikon camera soon...!                                                                            



 Ingredients:
320gr sugar (I used icing sugar because it was the only one I had)
400ml of water
400gr of flour
about 16gr of Baking powder, but I just go with my gut instinct here...
a pinch of baking powder (to make it fluffy)
Dulce de Leche (I used Nestlé Carnation one)
Nutella 

Mix all the ingredients together (except the dulce de leche and nutella) until you get a smooth mixture. Then add the dulce de leche and mix for a few minutes to make it all mingle together. Butter a pan and sprinkle on it some flour to avoid the cake from sticking. Pour the mixture in. Add the Nutella; here base it on your preferences how much Nutella you want, I used about a quarter of a 400gr pot.
Stick it in the oven at 180° for about 40mins usually but mine took about 50-60mins. It depends on the oven so just keep checking on it every once in a while and make sure to poke a knife through to check if the middle is cooked!
Eat warm so it all gooey and warm! Enjoy :)




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...