December 5, 2012

LIEBSTER AWARD: Nominated!

First of all thank you so much to Christine from Petite Hues for nominating me for this award! The Liebster Award is given to new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers for recognition of their work. This is also a way to help promote and support other new bloggers as well. Out of curiosity I went to look for the meaning of Liebster and turns out it comes from Lieb,which in German means kind, likeable.
Basically, when nominated for the Liebster Award, you are given a set of 11 questions to answer. Afterwards, you nominate another 11 blogs to answer the 11 questions. See how this works? You get to introduce yourself and set a platform for other blogs as well! 

Here are the 11 questions I was given. Thank you Christine!

 1. What/Whom motivated you to begin fashion blogging? 
I started blogging for the first time a long time ago, to keep a personal diary more than anything. I didn't keep it very well, to be completely honest. Then one day, a dear friend of mine after listening to me talking about the organization of Sitara (an asian fusion fashion show I helped with at the Univeristy of St Andrews, where I got my degree) he said: "Why don't you write a blog about this? You love fashion, you have this show you're helping organize which you love, write about it, write about the show and then write about what inspires you" - and that's when it started. At first this blog was called The Spicy Italian, recently I changed it to this new name because I feel it makes more sense to what I blog about, fashion and travel, so it's more structured.

2. Describe your style in three words?
Simple, feminine, elegant
3. What do you hope that people will get out of reading your blog?
 I want my readers to be inspired, like me, by the things I decide to post about, the images I choose, the topics I discuss. "Globetrotter à la mode" is for people who want to be inspired by fashion and travel.

4. Who/what is your style inspiration?
 Icons like Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn, of course, are two women I greatly admire. They had an elegance, a softness and femininity which I fear women have lost a bit today. Women today, are afraid of being vulnerable, and I don't mean vulnerable in the sense of weakness, but in the sense that women feel emotions on a different depth and sometimes it's considered our weakness but that vulnerability, is beautiful. Today to be heard as a woman you have to be strong, toughen your skin, but I think it's important women never lose their vulnerability whilst showing their independence. Because that's our beauty, we just need to find the right balance. This is they style I'm in search for, the balance between strength and vulnerability.
5. What is your favorite staple piece?
Nice lingerie. For me lingerie defines the rest of your outfit. If you feel great in your lingerie you will look great no matter what you wear because your attitude will be different. If you're wearing beautiful lingerie under a sweatshirt and sweatpants, even if you're the only one to know, it will still make you feel confident. 
And of course a black top is a must have for any season and any style. 
6. Name one accessory you can't live without?
 In the winter, scarfs, mainly Pashminas. I have lots of them, some of my favourite ones were a gift from my dad when he came back from Afghanistan, soft and colourful.

7. Which celebrity's closet would you love to raid?
 Can I travel back in time and say Grace Kelly?!  
Jokes aside, rather than a calebrity, I would want to raid Elie Saab's collections... even if I'm just going to sit at home and stare at them in admiration because I can't really go to the supermarket with those can I... or maybe... I could?!

8. What is the ultimate goal you wish to achieve out of being a blogger?
Well, like most bloggers, I hope for my blog to get noticed, for people to enjoy what I do and be inspired. And if one day I could make this into my job like some of the most influential bloggers out there, it would be great :)

9. Name 3 of your strengths and weaknesses?
a) Concentration: I have the ability to close myself in a bubble if I have to get something done
b) Perseverance: I don't give up even when things get tough
c) Honesty: I just can't tell a lie, you'll see it to easily if I do (this can be both a weakness and strength, but I prefer honesty to be a strength)

a) Emotional
b) Possesive: you know Friends, when Joey says "Joey doesn't share food!!" yeah... along those lines :p
c) Chocolate, cakes and biscuits are a big weakness of mine :p

10. What is your favorite beauty product?
I never go out without black mascara, waterproof, I'm still searching for the perfect one though. And perfume. I have three at the moment I like to alternate between depending on my mood: Dior Poison, Lancome Trésor, Chanel N°5 
 
11. What is your greatest fear?
 Spiders and insects in general... brrr -  
On another level I'm afraid of losing myself, of letting situations and people affect me too much, forgetting who I really am, it comes with being emotional, but I'm working on this ;)

Here are the results for my nominees for the Liebster Award:

Made with stars
Untangle your spangle
Nikychic
Inches to Style
Positively Jewels
Your average Jo
Supercalafashionistic
The Art of L!fe
Mercury Moonshine Dutchess
The Pink Psyche
Fashion and Life through my eyes

Here are the questions to answer if you choose to participate :) 

 1. What/Whom motivated you to begin fashion blogging?
2. Describe your style in three words?
3. What do you hope that people will get out of reading your blog?
4. Who/what is your style inspiration?
5. What is your favorite staple piece?
6. Name one accessory you can't live without?
7. Which celebrity's closet would you love to raid?
8. What is the ultimate goal you wish to achieve out of being a blogger?
9. Name 3 of of your strengths and weaknesses?
10. What is your favorite beauty product?
11. What is your greatest fear?

Have a lovely day every one! :)

8 comments:

  1. hello sweetie ,
    thanks so much for nominating me for this award , i feel truly honored , thanks again .
    but i want to know more information about it , like where do i answer these questions ? and when ?
    is there a real award for the bloggers ? or is it just the nominating the award it self ?
    am sorry for all those questions but am a bit nosy LOL ,answer me back on my blog
    Am following you now ,

    N@NY
    http://nanybuz91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi N@any, thank you :) As requested I answered on your blog on your latest post :)

      Best,
      Ely xx

      Delete
  2. i checked again your blog to read your answers well & fell in love with every words you said ,
    i feel that both our blogs have so much in common ,
    the concept of art in everything & not just style & fashion , more to life to show than clothing and stuff
    love that concept & i truly believe in it , it is great to be different .
    loved the women's vulnerability part you said ,
    keep up being unique & special for the sake of life and what it represents to us .
    if you are interested in what i said contact me please .

    N@NY
    http://nanybuz91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It means a lot that my words could get through to someone.
      I will be happy to get in touch with you!

      Best,

      Ely xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Ely, this award looks like a lot of fun! Good Luck! in your bio you mentioned to let you know that I was following your blog, so I am www.dasniagema.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Dasnia! I am following you too now, I stopped by your blog to say Hi! :)

      Best,

      Ely xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Ely,

    Thanks so much for reading and thanks so much for the reward. I'm so glad to be back from traveling and now back to writing and jewelry making. The liebster award is so cool and has such an awesome meaning. I'll definitely be answering those questions shortly. Thanks again for thinking of me. :)

    I have followed you on Instagram and BlogLovin.

    My link is http://positivelyjewls.com and on Instagram it's POSITIVELYJEWLS. Can't wait to participate in these questions. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear! :) I've followed you on bloglovin and will follow you on instagram later when I get home to my iPod ;) Looking forward reading your answers!

      Ely xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have followed me let me know and leave your link so I can follow back :)
Ciao!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...