December 18, 2011

Crema Catalana/Créme Brulée

This is one of my favourite desserts ever! It's aromatic and sweet and creamy and crunchy... oh my... it's a little piece of heaven! So I decided to try and make them myself and here's how I did it. They turned out pretty damn good, the family devour them in a few minutes! 

INGREDIENTS:

Cinnamon (sprinkle to taste) 
         §
500ml Milk 
         §
1 lemon
         §
25gr Corn Starch
         §
4 egg yolks
         §
100gr sugar
         §
A little cane sugar to sprinkle the top

Read more for the method and pictures

Mix a little bit of the cold milk (I used 50ml) with the corn starch
Grate the lemon peel and add it to the rest of the milk (450ml) in a pan together with half of the sugar (50gr) and a  sprinkle of cinnamon. Bring to the boil and then remove from the fire. 

On the side, mix the 4 yolks in a bowl together with the remaining half of the sugar and the corn starch you've previously mixed with the milk. Then mix it with the boiling milk using a tea strainer to filter it. Keep mixing it and then add it to a pan.


Bring the mixture to the boil and always mixing leave it cooking for a few minutes (2-3mins). You should obtain a  nice a cream.

Pour the cream still hot into a proper oven dish and once it's cooled place them in the fridge. 

When they're ready to serve sprinkle some cane sugar on the top and grill it for a few minutes in order to caramelise it. Serve and enjoy :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! If you have followed me let me know and leave your link so I can follow back :)
Ciao!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...