January 7, 2012

What I got for Christmas... peace of mind


In the past few months, I had sort of lost myself in stress and anxiety. I was a different person, I was nervous, I cried easily for nothing... this was a result of a combination of many different issues in my life which I let overwhelm me. So over Christmas, I received the best gift my parents could do for me during a time like this. They gave me a gift pack for a Spa Treatment at Hotel Terme Roma, in Italy. I had never done anything as such, I was enthusiastic, and there could not have been a better moment in time when I needed to relax. In my pack I had included:

1 full body massage
1 plantar reflexology massage
1 anti-stress massage
1 Whirlpool in Ozone water
1 solarium
and free use of the swimming pools, sauna, hamam, "emotional showers", the gym and thalassotherapy.



Let me tell you after 3 days of this, I was regenerated! I had gone to the doctor he gave me lots of medicaments to take, yes they help but although I felt better physically.. I was still very fragile emotionally. But after all these treatments and free days of full relaxation away from everything and everyone, I started feeling better. Happier. What I loved was Thalassotherapy, from Greek Thalasso = sea, thus the therapy of the sea. I really believe the sea as wonderful powers for our body and minds. I didn't have the sea here, but the "cave" I went in, was filled with mineral salts vapour which help clear the body from toxins and relax. I think the best cure, when you are feeling down or upset, is the sea, or anything which has to do with it such as thalassotherapy.


2 comments:

  1. Following you from my group in IFB!

    www.youngcouponmama.com

    Sounds ike you had a very relaxing Xmas present!

    Xoxo janelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have followed me let me know and leave your link so I can follow back :)
Ciao!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...