March 6, 2012

Quando ti parlo d'amore... (When I talk to you about love...)


I just adore this passage. I found it on tumblr, and I want to share it on here with you. It's in Italian, below I tried to translate it as best as I could to English, hope you enjoy it :)  

"Se ti dico che ti amo – se arrivo fino a dirti che ti amo – ti sto dicendo che voglio che tu sia libero, in primo luogo di essere te stesso. If I tell you I love you - if I actually get to the point of telling you I love you - I'm saying first of all that I want you to be free of being yourself.

Anche se magari come sei davvero non mi piace per niente, perché la gente spesso non è bella, nemmeno le persone che amiamo lo sono. Even if maybe, I don't like at all the way you really are, because often people are not nice, not even those we love.

Ma io sono pronta a correre il rischio, perché sono pronta ad amarti anche se non sei perfetto come mi sembri. Poi ti sto invitando a entrare nella mia vita, a vedere se ti piace. But I'm prepared to take the risk, because I am ready to love you even if you're not perfect as you seem to me. Then I'm inviting you into my life, see if you like it.

E cerco di fartela vedere com’è, la mia vita; come è davvero, non come vorrei che fosse e invece poi. Poi, se ti dico che ti amo, vuol dire che c’è una porta, aperta. And I try and show it to you the way it is, my life; the way it really is, not how I wish it was and then. Then, if I tell you I love you, it means there's a door, and it's open. 

Da cui puoi entrare quando vuoi e venire da me per un sorriso, per giocare, per amarci, per piangere. From which you can enter when you wish and come to me for a smile, for playing, for loving each other, for crying.

E da cui puoi uscire quando non hai voglia di compagnia, quando hai la luna storta, quando sei preoccupato, quando sei stanco e non vuoi parlare con nessuno. And fromw hich you can exit when you do not wish for company, when you're in a bad mood, when you're worried, when you're tired and you don't want to talk to anybody.

Sapendo che la porta rimane aperta. Sapendo che non sono perfetta (e tanto, anche se lo fossi, potrei non andarti bene lo stesso, lo sai) e che qualche volta farò i capricci, e avrò voglia di sbattertela in faccia, quella porta; ma devi anche sapere che finché ti amo la porta sarà al massimo socchiusa. Knowing that the door stays open. Knowing that I'm not perfect ( and even if I were, you might still not like me, you know) and that sometimes I will throw a tantrum, and I'll want to smash that door in your face; but you should also know that as long as I love you, that door will at most be half-open.

Chiusa, mai. Quando parlo d’amore parlo della curiosità di scoprire chi sei e che cosa ami.Della certezza che potrei anche amarle, quelle cose, solo perché le ami tu e ti rendono felice.Perché io amo quello che ti accende il sorriso negli occhi, perché è quello che fa di te quello che sei. Closed, never. When I talk about love, I talk about the curiosity of discovering who you are and what you love. About the certainty that I might even come to love, those things, simply because you love them and they make you happy. Because I love that which lightens a smile in your eyes, because that's what make you who you are.

E non mi pare poco. Se arrivo a dire ti amo arrivo a mettere il mio cuore nelle tue mani, e ne ho solo uno, di cuore, e anche se è abbastanza forte da avermi fatto sopravvivere fino ad adesso, è bene che tu sappia che non è infrangibile: è solo molto ben incerottato. And it doesn't seem little to me. If I manage to say I love you I manage to put my heart in your hands, and of heart I only have one, even if it's strong enough to have lallowed me to survive till now, it's good you know that it's not unbreakable: it's only well plastered.

Quindi ti sto chiedendo di fare attenzione, se puoi. Quando ti parlo d’amore, alla fine, ti sto dicendo una cosa facile. So I'm asking you to be careful, if you can. When I talk to you about love, in the end, I'm telling you something easy.

Ti sto dicendo sì, quando invece, di solito, direi no." I'm saying yes when usually I would say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! If you have followed me let me know and leave your link so I can follow back :)
Ciao!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...