October 31, 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


So here it is. The night of creepy monsters, witches, ghosts and all things scary! The other day I carved a pumpkin for the first time, being inspired by Jack Swellington from the Nightmare Before Christmas. Very happy of the result, I wasn't expecting my first carving to be so successful... but more turning out like a deformed "wanna-be" Jack O'Lantern... Afterwards I cooked the insides and tomorrow I am planning on using it to make a pumpkin cake or something along those lines! I also roasted the seeds with some oil and salt and it turned out to be a very tasty snack!
Tomorrow is national Holiday here for the Day of the Dead, and I get the day off work, I am looking very much to a loooong lie in :D Here some pictures of my pumpkin, my cat (yes, black cat, perfect innit?) and the roasted seeds...






Hi, my name is Kiki , you are? 

Ok, fine you can take a picture of my beautiful profile

Is that pumpkin for me?!

Yummy roasted pumpkin seeds! Very easy to make, with a little olive oil, salt and then in the oven for a while, depending on the type of oven you have... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! If you have followed me let me know and leave your link so I can follow back :)
Ciao!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...