November 4, 2012

Sunday Recipes - Chocolate chip cookies & Focaccia with potatoes

So today is Sunday, and I have two yummy recipes for you! It's miserable outside here today so what better occasion than to do some baking?? I am sharing with you a chocolate chip cookie recipe and an Italian recipe "focaccia" with potatoes (focaccia is a typical italian pizza bread)... so enjoy! :)





Alright then, here we go...!






CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:

I browsed around the web a little to find a good recipe, I'm quite happy with the one I found but I think next time I'll look for something else to make softer ones... I don't know about you but I like my choc-chip cookies gooey... ;)



INGREDIENTS:

2 cups all purpose flout
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
3/4 cup of unsalted butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
80 g dark chocolate bar to cut into pieces

 Preheat oven to 175°C - sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside. In another bowl mix the melted butter and the sugars until well blended, add the egg and the egg yolk and the vanilla until it's all creamy and well blended. Mix in the flour mixture you previously set aside until well blended, fold in the chocolate pieces, best done by hand.
Divide the mixture into little dough balls, place on baking sheet and into the oven for about 15 - 20 mins, once ready let them cool a little... I can't resist too long and always eat them still warm while the chocolate is melted.. sooo yummy! :)



----------------------------------------------------------------------

FOCACCIA WITH POTATOES - PIZZA BREAD WITH POTATOES




INGREDIENTS:
600g bread flour (although I used all purpose flour and it turned out well too!)
400g potatoes (boiled and peeled)
3/4 cube of yeast
1 plastic cup of warm water
1 plastic cup of warm milk
salt
60g oil
rosemary

Boil the potatoes until cooked and soft, peel them and squish them.
Make the yeast cube melt with the water and milk.
Mix together the flour, the yeast mixture, the salt and the oil. Before it's well blended, add the squished potatoes and blend it all together. Use your hands, it'll get sticky but it's the best way! You will end up with a very sticky mixture. Leave it aside for about 1 1/2 hours until it's doubled in size. This is enough to make two so prepare a baking sheet, put some oil on it then lie the dough down. Brush it with some oil and sprinkle it with rock salt and rosemary. Once the oven has heated to about 200°C place it in and leave it for 20 minutes. Take out and enjoy warm! :)



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! If you have followed me let me know and leave your link so I can follow back :)
Ciao!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...